Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Shadows of Suspicion by Ashley Dawn



Revenge is the agenda…


"Find my sister.”


Rick Reiley's words were what drove Luke to search mercilessly for Kerry. He is in a race against time to find her and will have to face more than a criminal mastermind to get close to her. He is prepared to give his life for her, but what about his heart?


"…I would like you to meet….My wife.”


Those words from her enigmatic rescuer threw Kerry more than anything else that had happened to her in the last few days…and that was saying a lot! Kerry's simple life is turned upside down when she is kidnapped and dragged to the middle of nowhere by a madman. She trusts Luke with her life, but can she trust him with her heart?


As Luke fights to keep Kerry safe, the chemistry ignites and the danger gets closer.


Will God protect them while Luke tries to sort out his heart….and capture Kerry's?
My Thoughts:

I absolutely LOVED this book! The author does a good job of developing Kerry's character so that she becomes a friend whom you know well. You are able to relate to her and feel her fear, heartache, frustration and joys as she does. Luke is another of my favorite characters. He is charming and annoying in turns and the combination makes him completely irresistable. I like that she pulls characters from the first book into this one and continues to develop them. As Luke struggles to keep Kerry safe once, he is forced to find time to also deal with his faith (or lack thereof) and his feelings for his estranged father. If he can't come to terms with himself...how can he hope to win Kerry's heart? (after he's helped her brothers capture the man who kidnapped her!) I found it very amusing that at times, Luke is siding with Kerry's brothers...while other times, he is making sure she gets exactly what she needs in spite of them! This is a great read for anyone from 8 -98. It can stand alone, but I really enjoyed how well it followed the first book. I am looking forward to seeing what the next book in the series deals with! I would rate this book a 5/5. It's JUST been released, so be sure to look it up on amazon or authorhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment