Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sometimes I Feel Like a Nut by Jill Kargman

Book Description:
The irony is I f***ing hate coconut. As in full vomitorious spine chills just thinking about its nasty texture, to say nothing of the chunder-taunting scent that conjures peroxide-y sluts smearing their 'kini cleaves with Panama Jack "tanfastic" oil. I might even go so far as to say I don't even trust people who like coconut. But still, despite nightmarish Hawaiian Tropic/Girls Gone Wild visions and hellacious flashbacks of a bearded Tom Hanks looking not unlike the twentieth hijacker eating coconuts on that island, if I had to identify myself with one advertising campaign, it would be the eighties jingle of Mounds and Almond Joy. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

My Thoughts:
This is a snarky, yet amusing account from the author's life where she is trying to be humerous and amusing. I found the language more vulgar than necessary, but many people don't mind it. Many of the stories would make you hurt yourself laughing and some would just have you shaking your head in amused disbelief. I would rate this book as a 3/5. If you don't mind the language, it is an amusing read.
Thank you to the publisher for providing this book for a review. I was given the review book in return for an honest opinion and the above opinion is 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment