Monday, December 19, 2011

I Love You More....Than Chocolate! by Melanie Milburn

This book was originally a song, and inside the back cover, you have a CD of Melanie singing the song. When Melanie would tuck her children into bed at night, she made sure they knew how much they were loved. She told them she loved them more than anything even chocolate! Her children knew she was a chocoholic, so they had no doubt, they knew they were loved! Every child wants to know they are loved, and this book conveys what parents want their children to know in a way that speaks clearly and impressively to the child's mind and heart.


My Thoughts:

Ok...when I saw this book being offered...I immediately thought of my chocolate-loving little 8 year old daughter, and just HAD to get it and see what it would be like. IT IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! My girl has always loved the same book from the time she was tiny--this book has just replaced it...although it still ranks #2 :) I loved the lyrical stanzas even before I realized it had a CD in the back and was actually a song. Roo found it immediately and read it straight through....putting it to her own music before she had ended the book. She then proceeded to read it to everyone who would listen in the store we manage...and has taken it everywhere we have gone the past 3 days since we got it
. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the book....but love even more how much my daughter has fallen in love with it and is READING (all on her own) to everyone who will listen! The pictures are wonderful and eye catching. They are easy to look at over and over (which is a GOOD thing when your child wants to read it to you over and over!)

If you know of anyone who has children who enjoys chocolate--this is the PERFECT gift for them. Even my older boys enjoy hearing the story (& song) despite their 'advanced' years. It is a timeless message to any child of any age. Would make THE PERFECT gift for a new Mom...or an older one!

This book rates a 6/5 for us...which I have NEVER done. Be sure to find it and get it...add it to your library and those of your children, grandchildren, and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment